• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Andrino Calendar

We need a list of national holidays so I can populate our forum calendar with a little something. Smile

Ideas?
Benjamin Meir
Transitional President of the Most Serene Republic of St. Andre
Marshal and Member of the Frenzy for Thalassa, Natopia
Last Prime Minister of Haifa

A few suggestions to start with:

January 4, Independence Day, naturally.  
February 22 is the day Port St. Andre was founded 6 years ago. Known as St. Andre Day, Foundation Day, etc.
September 13, the date of transfer from Natopia to Haifa.
Steven Dore
Bosarch of the Cathedral-Chapel of Saint Andre

Does St. Andre, the Bovic saint, have a feast day?
Benjamin Meir

Let's make it July 2nd. (His namesake's birthday seems appropriate)
Steven Dore

We could include Christmas or Easter, as I would like to have a branch of Christianity here. Though that may be dependent on how the theology pans out.
Alessandro Vercotti
Secretary of State
Most Serene Republic of St. Andre

Hm, we can add them and give them a different name, make it local, but the equivalent of its Christian counterpart.
Benjamin Meir

So, St. Andre is a Bovic saint? How does that work?

Also, I wonder if it might be fitting to name the nation Andrino, and have Port St. Andre as the capital? Might make the state sound a bit more grand.
Alessandro Vercotti
Secretary of State

"The Most Serene Andrino Republic"? "Andrino" is supposed to be the demonym for people from St. Andre.
Benjamin Meir

Of course, I also thought St. Andre was a Christian saint, as opposed to Bovic (I am not familiar with its tenets). But, I would think it would come out as the "Most Serene Republic of Andrino," with the adjective being "Andrinese." The idea would be to stay away from the name of a single person as the name of the nation, while the city of Port St. Andre would continue the legacy of the man; in this way, we could have the state seem more secular and above ethnicity and still maintaining the core history of the region.
Alessandro Vercotti
Secretary of State

Since there are Christians on Micras already I see no reason to rename Christmas and Easter, to do so would be biased. And remember, the Bovic population of this Republic is very, very small. Only one congregation. So I assume any such celebration of St. Andre's feast day would be treated like St. George's Day, a wider secular population adopting a quaint local custom and taking it beyond any sort of religious context.

And I have no strong opinion either way on the name, I don't think anyone considers this republic to be anything but secular and multi-ethnic so I personally think it is a non-issue.
Steven Dore

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon