• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapel of Saint Andre

[Image: D_de47b77cce.jpg]

The Chapel of Saint Andre was originally built when the city of St. Andre was founded and was the capital of the larger colony of Natollonia.  The Bovic faith spread slowly in the early days of St. Andre.  Its early days as the global headquarters for the Saint Andre Trading Company and main port for exporting goods from inner Apollonia favored a cosmopolitan and sophisticated population less interested in the provincial faith of a far off land.  The city being ceded to Haifa reduced the already low number of practicing Bovics in half as they either emigrated or abandoned their faith.

The chapel now serves the small number of devout Bovics, mostly older people born during the Natopian period.  It also provides outreach, relief, and support services to its immediate neighborhood.  It is an excellent example of the Faux-Athlonic style, popular among Bovic churches in coastal regions.
Steven Dore
Bosarch of the Cathedral-Chapel of Saint Andre

Enyokement Ceremony

Steven Dore and the senior deacon and the custodian of the chapel were gathered around the altar of the chapel. The church was mostly empty, older people dotted the pews, and in the back a few young people had ducked into the chapel to take their afternoon nap in the cool and dimly lit church.

The senior deacon read aloud the decree that appointed Steven Dore bosarch of St. Andre. He was the first bosarch in the city's history, its independence now attracting the attention of the Holy Pentheros in Athlon. Despite the title, Steven didn't feel any better or fancier. He was still wearing his baseball cap during the ceremony and only took it off to receive the yoke of office.

The custodian lifted the wooden yoke, the symbol of a bosarch's burden of office, over Steven's head and rested it on his shoulders. Steven mumbled a quick prayer about gratitude and service, and then he, the deacon and the custodian said in chorus, "Acow."

Steven then moved to the podium to speak to the dwindling congregation:

"Calves, You have witnessed a most humble version of a normally extravagant ceremony. This yoke around my neck, should be silver, this custodian should be a senior clergyman, this chapel should be a cathedral. But, hey, we're Bovics in St Andre. We've stuck to our original faith despite the swirling of time around us. We may be a minority, we may be a reminder of former foreign control, but that doesn't matter to Bous. Remember how Bous blessed St. Andre, the man, with unnatural economic prescience, uncanny insight into trade systems, and unparalleled understanding of currency. Bous has ordained this city to become an economic capital of Micras and we Bovics, despite our small numbers, will make sure this shining bastion of freedom will grow to glorify Bous. To be a Bovic in Natopia is fashionable. To be a Bovic outside Natopia is faithful. Acow."

Steven then blessed the crowd and bid them well, and shook their hands and accepted their congratulations.
Steven Dore

"Acow," replied President Meir, sitting with his family in the pews of the Chapel.

After the service, President Meir mingled with the faithful. He approached Steven Dore outside of the church as he poke with members of the congregation. As Marshal of Thalassa and a prominent Haifan ex-pat in Natopia, he was a recognized face among them.

"President Meir, thank you for attending my ceremony. It means a great deal to me and those in this... in my congregation. The city bustles around us, but here time seems to stop. Its comforting, yes, but sometimes I worry," Dore trailed off and stared into the distance, before snapping back. "I hope we can expect you at some future Herd, we would be delighted to have you anytime!"
Steven Dore

"Expect me to be a regular visitor. Even more so after my time serving as Transitional President," said Meir with a smile. "I have been trying to find a church for quite some time and the Bovic Church seems like a good fit for me and my family."
Benjamin Meir
Transitional President of the Most Serene Republic of St. Andre
Marshal and Member of the Frenzy for Thalassa, Natopia
Last Prime Minister of Haifa

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon