Second Treaty of St. Andre

Quote:
The Second Treaty of St. Andre
To Establish a Free and Protected Association
between
The Most Serene Republic of St. Andre
and
The Bovic Tapferite Empire of the Natopian Nation

The Most Serene Republic of St. Andre (St. Andre) and the Bovic Tapferite Empire of the Natopian Nation (Natopia), recognizing entwined history of their two nations, do hereby enter into this association, subject to the terms as laid out in this treaty:

1. St. Andre and Natopia are united together as two sovereign nations in a mutually beneficial association.

2. St. Andre and Natopia will work together to claim and resettled the Istvanistan landmass.
2.1 St. Andre via the Neridia Company will settle the eastern shorelines and the Neridian exclaves of Graveacre and Marmont as shown in Schedule A.
2.2 Natopia via the Demesne of Arboria will settle the remainder of the island as shown in Schedule A.

3. St. Andre recognizes that international law, tradition, and treaties consider the St. Andre peninsula on Apollonia and Neridia on Istvanistan to be under Natopia's protection.
3.1 Natopia recognizes St. Andre as a "protected sovereign nation," not a territory, colony, or demesne.
3.2 The foreign policy decisions of St. Andre remain with the Andrino government excepting foreign policies that compromise Natopia's ability to fulfill the terms of this treaty.
3.3 St. Andre will not expand its borders unless the Frenzy consents. Internal borders, city names, and their locations remain the exclusive decision of St. Andre itself.
3.4 The current territorial claim of St. Andre will not be reduced or relocated by Natopia for any reason. Any attempts to do so will result in St. Andre removing itself from all legal association with Natopia and asserting its sovereign right to independence.

4. St. Andre is not bound to follow the Caprine Code although its legislature is free to adopt applicable sections.

5. Natopia recognizes that Andrino land exists outside of and distinct from the Empire, but still within Natopia's sphere of influence.
5.1 St. Andre may participate as a separate nation in non-governmental organizations such as sporting leagues.
5.2. St. Andre may participate as a separate state in international organizations with permission from the Natopian government.

6. St. Andre does not send a Representative to the Frenzy; instead, St. Andre may send a non-voting observer to the Frenzy and to represent Andrino affairs in Lindstrom City.

7. The St. Andre military remains under the exclusive command of the St. Andre government.
7.1 The Natopian government may request that the Andrino military assist the Natopian Defense Force in defense of the Empire.
7.2 The Andrino government may request that the Natopian Defense Force assists St. Andre in a state of emergency and under threat of invasion.

8. No trade or customs barriers will exist between Natopia and St. Andre.
8.1 St. Andre may use the Natopo as official currency.
8.2 Eligibility for Natopian citizenship is extended to residents of St. Andre.

9. The delegates from Natopia and St. Andre may meet from time to time, or as necessary, to discuss the affairs of this association and to suggest amendments or additions to this treaty.

10. This treaty will come into force upon ratification by both parties.

Signed for St. Andre

Signed for Natopia

Schedule A
[Image: A2iooZY.png]

I put forth this Treaty for debate in the National Congress. I have not signed it yet, preferring to first seek advice and consent from the people on this important matter.
Benjamin Meir
Transitional President of the Most Serene Republic of St. Andre
Marshal and Member of the Frenzy for Thalassa, Natopia
Last Prime Minister of Haifa

Neridia was the only home I really knew. After leaving the Goldshirian orphanage, Redquill was where I grew into the person I am today. I am thrilled at the chance to return. I never thought I would be able to go back. I think this is a victory for the Neridian people more than anything. Together Neridians and Andrinos will build up our new nation while leaving all the technical details and heavy lifting to the Natopians.

Thunderous applause from Neridian delegates in the Congress erupts.

Fellow Andrinos and Neridian brothers and sisters,

I echo the words of our good and trusted friend Mr. Kilynn. This has been the result of a lot of hard work by the myself, the gracious and fair Emperor of Natopia, and his Government and the Prince of Neridia. This arrangement not only guarantees our own voice over our own affairs, it restores the Neridian homeland and builds a close relationship with our mother country. This is an opportunity for our country to gain a friend, build itself and prosper alongside its Neridian and Natopian partners.

I urge this Chamber to vote yes on this treaty. Thank you.
Benjamin Meir

I move to vote!

This treaty is now put to a vote.

AYE, NAY or ABSTAIN.
Benjamin Meir

Aye!

Aye
Adrian Stoddard
Speaker of the National Congress
Most Serene Republic of St. Andre

Aye.
Benjamin Meir

With voting having been closed, the National Congress of the Most Serene Republic of St. Andre unanimously approves this Treaty.
Adrian Stoddard
Speaker of the National Congress
Most Serene Republic of St. Andre

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon