• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview with Patrice Varnham - "This is the time for us to get things right."

[Image: UuM7d0q.jpg]
Interview with SDU Chairman Patrice Varnham
"We started as a Natopian colony. Then we passed onto Haifa. Now we're independent, and we will show the world what St. Andre can do for themselves," says Varnham.

Port St. Andre, MSR of St. Andre- In a rally at Bonnencontre Plaza in downtown St. Andre, an enthusiastic crowd welcomed Patrice Varnham, where she announced the creation of St. Andre's first political party - the Social Democratic Union. We sit down with Ms. Varnham today to ask her about this new development.

Quote:Reporter ®: Thank you for sitting down with us today, Ms. Varnham, it's an honor to meet you.

Patrice Varnham (V): Thank you for speaking with me. Pleasure is all mine.

R: Ms. Varnham, you recently founded the country's first political party, the Social Democratic Union. What should voters know about you and this new political party?

V: Good question. Now that we have officially been recognized as an independent state by the late Haifan Government, and by Hamland and Mercury, I think we need to create a government that is for the people, by the people and of the people. You can't have that without solidarity, fraternity, liberty and social responsibility. The Social Democratic Union wants to help build that in St. Andre, but we can't do that without the support of Andrinos everywhere.

R: Can you elaborate further on what specifically that means?

V: Of course. The Social Democratic Union believes in the creation of robust and strong social welfare programs to help the poor and disadvantaged in St. Andre. We want to expand education, health care, and empower the people to climb up the social ladder. But most of all - we want to build a St. Andre free from discrimination, and free from influence by foreign powers. We started as a Natopian colony. Then we passed onto Haifa. Now we're independent, and we will show the world what St. Andre can do for themselves.

R: What can we expect the Social Democratic Union to fight for in the drafting of the new Constitution?

V: A strong and robust list of rights and responsibilities for the people of this Most Serene Republic will be the top priority. That will include fighting against any sort of entrenched, institutionalized discrimination. We're also going to fight for the protection of marriage rights, labor protections - we will fight to build a stronger, better St. Andre. This is the time for us to get things right.

R: Will you be running for President after the Constitution is ratified and elections are underway?

V: I am not going to start fanning the flames for the first presidential campaign without getting the Constitution right first. The party will decide on its nominee, and if it's me, I will gladly serve and fight tooth and nail to win. But if not, then I will support the candidate the party chooses to lead them in the next election, and fight tooth and nail there too.

R: Thank you so much, Ms. Varnham, that's all the time we have for today. Thank you, and take care.

V: Thank you very much, it was a pleasure.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon